How You Can Avail Health Insurance With Your Airtel & Vi Prepaid Plans
With the growing risks of catching a deadly virus or infection, people are beginning to see the value of having a decent health insurance plan. Furthermore, with growing medical prices, access to appropriate medical facilities and hospitalization charges might be financially challenging.
As a result, acquiring health insurance for yourself and your family can give you the extra blanket of security you require in these trying times. Aside from the apparent benefit of having the financial security to care for your loved ones, a health insurance plan is particularly beneficial in combating medical treatment escalation.
The good news is that you can easily avail of comprehensive health insurance with the right prepaid plan and service provider. To help you get a better understanding of how to avail of this feature, we’ve provided a step-by-step guide for each telecommunications provider in this article.
Bharti Airtel, India's largest telecom company, has two prepaid recharge plans that provide users free calling as well as high-speed 4G internet, as well as Life Insurance advantages. Together with its two plans, which cost Rs 279 and Rs 179, the company provides complimentary life insurance benefits.
Airtel's Rs 279 package includes 1.5 GB of high-speed 4G Internet per day as well as unlimited calling on every network. When the daily limit of 1.5 GB is reached, the speed of high-speed internet begins to slow. The greatest aspect of the scheme, however, is that clients receive life insurance with an amount insured of Rs 4 lakh as part of the package.
Including the package, users will receive 100 SMS each day. Surprisingly, no medical exams or documentation will be necessary to obtain life insurance. If that isn't enough, Airtel is also giving an Airtel Xstream Premium subscription with the 28-day package.
Airtel's Rs 179 recharge package includes life insurance with an amount covered of Rs 2 lakh. This recharging plan is likewise good for 28 days. Users receive 2GB of high-speed 4G internet per day, unlimited calling on any network, and the ability to send 300 SMS each day.
Customers will further receive a free subscription to Airtel Xstream Premium as part of the deal. But, it’s important to note that when the daily cap of 2 GB is reached, the speed of high-speed internet begins to slow.
To activate the health insurance policy, you need to first recharge your phone with the right plan. After you recharge your phone, you will receive an SMS with the insurance activation code. An Insurance Policy will be issued under the customer's registered name. You could only get life insurance if you're between the ages of 18 and 54.
Following that, you may enter your address and nomination information into the Airtel Thanks App or have them completed out by an Airtel Dealer near you. The insurance will be created for the enrolled SIM card bearer ONLY, and the profile cannot be altered.
The consumer must be between the ages of 18 and 54. There are no medical tests necessary. There is no need for any documentation.
Only if you change your location on the Airtel Thanks app or have it verified by a Dealer near you will a hard copy of the policy be mailed to your house. According to Airtel, you may update your nomination on the Airtel Thanks app or have it verified by any Dealer near you.
Things To Consider While Availing Airtel’s Health Insurance
- If your health insurance policy isn’t activated after recharging, you might not be eligible. We’ve provided instances that might cause you to lose the health insurance:
- You are not in the qualifying age group of 18 to 54 years old.
- If your Airtel System registered name contains special characters, you won’t be registered.
- The insurance is only produced for registered SIM cardholders.
- Only once your previous recharge has expired will your Airtel prepaid plan and life insurance coverage is activated.
- Your life insurance policy can be created without any documents. Your insurance will be created automatically if you meet the qualifying requirements. Please keep in mind that once the life insurance is activated, it only applies to the authorized SIM cardholder.
- A nominee is an individual who would get the amount of insurance cover in the event of his death. Your nominee may be brothers, husbands, mothers, nieces, nephews, sisters, sons or spouses; father, father, grandfathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, mothers, mother-in-laws, nephews.
- The claim will only be made to the applicant or legal heir of the individual after the covered person dies. To do the same, you have to fulfil the insurance company's regular procedure. Therefore the nominee data should always be filled out when registering.
- Your nominee must be a relative, such as your brother, daughter, father, father-in-law, grandfather, grandmother, grandfather child, spouse, mom, mother-in-law, niece, nephew, sibling.
- The address is necessary in order for the Policy papers to be delivered to you. If you do not enter your address, you will not get a printed copy of the Policy. You may enter your address information into the Airtel Thanks App or contact any Airtel shop near you.
- There are two methods for updating nominee information; You may change the information using the Airtel Thanks App or by visiting your local Airtel Retailer.
- You may access the policy details from the Airtel Thanks App and then get a copy of the insurance policy. You might have obtained the policy details through SMS as well. You can also call your Life Insurance Partner.
- HDFC Life (for 279 recharge) – 1860 267 9999/ email@example.com
- Bharti AXA (for 179 recharge) – 1800 102 4444/ firstname.lastname@example.org
You can mention your policy number as well as phone number with your partnering insurance company for all relevant reasons.
Vodafone Idea (Vi)
Shortly after Airtel, Vodafone Idea too announced two prepaid recharge options that provide customers with health insurance.
This 'Vi Hospicare' product covers hospitalization for Vi prepaid clients after collaborating with Aditya Birla Health Insurance (ABHI). This insurance provider offers Vi clients a fixed covering of up to Rs. 1,000 for a period of 24 hours of hospitalization, as well as Rs. 2,000 for ICU expenditures.
Vi Hospicare insurance is available with recharges of Rs. 51 and Rs. 301. With the new offer, both firms intend to give built-in health insurance coverage to a huge number of Indian customers who are now uninsured.
According to a business statement, the deal includes hospitalization for conditions such as COVID-19 or any pre-existing sickness.
Follow the instructions to obtain Vi Hospicare Medical Insurance:
- Recharge using a pack of 51 or 301.
- After making the payment, your policy will be established, and Aditya Birla Health Insurance will send you an SMS with the policy specifics.
- Your insurance coverage will continue to be active as long as your Vi Hospicare package is active.
- To learn more about the claim procedure, please go to the insurance details tab.
Things To Consider While Availing Vi Hospicare Health Insurance
1. The policy requirements for admittance and stay:
Hospitalization is defined as admittance to a hospital for at least 48 hours straight in the "In-patient ward."
The first 24 hours are not considered for compensation, according to policy.
Every institution recognized as a hospital under the Clinical Establishments Registration and Regulation) Act 2010 is referred to as a hospital.
2. Benefits of the insurance:
The Hospicare health insurance recharge package is an insurance plan in which you get a predetermined lump sum payment for each day you are hospitalized. The payment is made regardless of your actual hospital cost. This money can be used for medications, diagnostic testing, and any other ancillary expenditures that may arise.
3. Value of a Hospicare medical insurance package with an existing medical policy:
The bulk of medical expenses are covered by health insurance, although there may be additional non-payable fees like co-pays and deductions, as well as incidental costs like transportation costs, attendants charges, and so forth, that might burn a hole in your wallet. In addition, revenue is lost due to incapacity to work as a result of hospitalization. This plan's lump-sum payment can be used to cover all of these costs.
This health insurance package includes COVID-19 health insurance as well.
4. Minimum age condition to avail of this plan:
The minimum age for admission is 18 years old, while the maximum age for admission is 55 years old.
5. Eligibility for the insurance:
The policy is acquired for the individual whose name is recorded for the specific VIL mobile phone number on which the Rs 51 or Rs 301 Hospicare recharge is conducted. You cannot acquire this insurance policy on your own behalf for anybody else.
So, if you do have four family members with VIL mobile phones in their names (according to VIL records), you can use the Hospicare prepaid recharge packages to get the perks.
6. Filing more than one claim for the same sickness or accident:
Multiple claims for medically required treatment of the same sickness or accident will be reimbursed up to a 30-day maximum per insurance year.
7. Procedure for obtaining a copy of the Hospicare insurance policy:
After you recharge your phone, you will get an SMS with the insurance activation code. After following the link mentioned in the SMS, you may obtain the insurance information.
8. Status of the policy:
Your policy will become an auto-activated key to a successful recharge. You will receive a copy of your insurance through SMS. You may also check the status of your policy via the Vi app's Hospicare feature.
9. Documentation required:
There is no paperwork or activation necessary to generate your policy. Your policy will be immediately produced.
10. Finding policy information:
Via the Vi app, you may request insurance details/a COI (Certificate of Insurance). In any case, the insurer will send you the insurance details by SMS every time you recharge.
11. Modifying your policy:
Your insurance is produced using your current KYC information from VIL records. If your name differs, you must obtain a new SIM card in your name in order to enjoy Hospicare services.
You can alter the ownership of your mobile connection only if the VIL connection is utilized by blood relations. You must bring the following papers to a VIL store:
- Documentation: Only paper-based processes are authorized, with the extra papers listed below.
- Original and new client self-declaration
In the event of a departed user, the original user's death certification is required 1. Upon positive confirmation, the old SIM will be removed and a new SIM will be supplied. TAT is 3-7 business days, and any remaining balance/benefits on the previous number will be lost and not carried over.
When ownership has changed, the client will be provided with a new policy with updated name information.
Health insurance coverage is a must-have in today's fast-paced world. It is critical to protect yourself and your loved ones from any unforeseen catastrophe that might leave you economically disadvantaged. So, do your homework and select a health insurance plan that meets your requirements.