How to Download & Install Netflix on Your Smart TV?
Netflix is the most sought-after video streaming platform. While many people choose to stream the content on their phones or laptops, the introduction of SmartTVs has completely changed the game. Find out how you can seamlessly browse content on Netflix using your SmartTV.
How To Watch Netflix On TV?
When Netflix came to India, it completely revolutionised the way we consume content. A population that predominantly chose to watch movies and series in theatres and on the television was now using their laptops and smartphones for their daily dose of entertainment instead. Moreover, many other OTT platforms were also launched shortly after, which further pushed this shift.
Now, TVs have finally caught up and have once again become a primary source of entertainment as their smart versions offer customer's the chance to download their favourite OTT platforms like Netflix and stream content. But, how to watch Netflix on TV? The answer is quite simple, actually. To stream Netflix on your SmartTV, follow the instructions below.
How To Download Netflix On SmartTV?
Firstly things first, you need to download the application on your SmartTV, similar to what you'd do on your phone. Follow the steps below:
- Almost every SmartTV has a Google Play store in which you can download new apps
- Visit the Google Play store and search for Netflix
- If your SmartTV supports the app, the application will show up, click on 'Download'.
Not every SmartTV supports Netflix streaming. If your Smart TV doesn't allow you to download the app, you can consider using a media streaming device like Amazon's FireTV Stick.
How To Activate Netflix On SmartTV?
You cannot directly log in to your Netflix account from your SmartTV, you'll need a laptop. Make sure you've already logged in to your Netflix account from the laptop you're using, and follow the steps below:
- Once you've downloaded the application on Netflix, launch it.
- You'll be prompted with an activation code.
- Using your laptop that's already logged in to your Netflix account, visit the Netflix activation page, netflix.com/activate, and enter the code displayed on your TV screen.
- The TV app should automatically reboot and you should have access to your Netflix account.
How To Cast Netflix On Your SmartTV?
Some SmartTVs may not support Netflix, or you may encounter some problems while connecting your internet to the TV, which will cause Netflix's TV app to fail. In such scenarios, you can use a Chromecast! Essentially, this allows you to project the content playing on your smartphone's Netflix app will be projected onto the television. Here are some basic steps you need to follow to cast Netflix on your TV:
- On your gadget, launch the Netflix app.
- At the top of the system, tap the Cast icon.
- Pick your Chromecast from the list of devices.
- Choose the movie/ show you prefer.
Chromecast is required before you can start viewing Netflix on your TV from your phone. If your TV doesn't have Chromecast assembled, you'll need to purchase the Chromecast dongle. You won't be ready to cast from your smartphone unless you have this.
What Is The Price Of Netflix On Smart Tv?
As you don't have to log in from your SmartTV separately and the TV app for Netflix accesses your existing account, the price of Netflix on SmartTV doesn't change. Basically, if you have a premium plan, the same will be used on your SmartTV. That being said, if you don't have a Netflix subscription yet, here's a quick breakdown of the costs and plans:
|Plan Name||Price||Resolution||Compatible Devices|
|Mobile||₹149/month||480 P||Phone, Tablet|
|Basic||₹199/month||480 P||Phone, Tablet, Computer, TV|
|Standard||₹499/month||1080 P||Phone, Tablet, Computer, TV|
|Premium||₹649/month||4K + HDR||Phone, Tablet, Computer, TV|
For more information about the platform and its costs, you can visit our comprehensive guide on Netflix India.
Netflix on Jio TV
Jio has officially made Netflix subscriptions available to Jio Fiber customers, as pledged. They recently updated their JioFiber plans to incorporate more OTT systems and new programs under the released proposals. Netflix was previously absent on the Jio network. Netflix subscriptions are available on four of the telecom operator's tariffs. Diamond, Diamond+, Platinum, and Titanium are the four plans available.
Users on Jio can also enrol in Netflix's Standard and Premium plans for Rs. 150 and Rs. 300, correspondingly. You can stream films and shows in HD quality on two screens at once with the Standard package.
The Premium plan, on the other hand, allows you to view in Ultra-HD quality on up to four screens at once. Jio's new tariffs start at Rs. 399 and go all the way up to Rs. 3499.
How To Troubleshoot Your Netflix?
There are a few steps to troubleshooting:
- To begin, double-check that the television is connected to the web and that no network issues exist. To figure out what's wrong, verify whether you can connect to your Wi-Fi with your mobile. If the problem persists, notify your network service provider.
- Consider turning off or disconnecting your television if internet access isn't an issue. Certain TVs have a relaxed mode that's not similar to turning it off, so double-check that it's switched off on several gadgets; you can do this by holding down the power button for 5 seconds.
- Whether it still doesn't work, see if your TV has any fresh updates that you haven't downloaded yet. It's likely that you're running an out-of-date operating system and that if you update it, the Netflix application will start working again.
- The final step is to look through your television's menus to see if you can uncover any data on why this is happening.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Find Netflix On Mi Smart Tv?
Are you having trouble finding Netflix on your Mi TV 4X PRO 55′′? Netflix still hasn't made its way to this TV, even with the newest Android 9 upgrade. Only after updating the TV to Android 9 were you able to locate Amazon Prime Video.
Netflix, on the other hand, was unable to make it to the television. But no need to worry. We found some very simple steps to watch Netflix on your Mi TV-
- To get Netflix for Mi Tv, you need two vital devices, i.e., USB and Mini Wireless Keyboard.
- Apk for Android TV is a free app that you may install and save on your USB drive.
- You can download netflix apk for mi tv on your desktop, laptop or macbook and then transfer it to the USB drive
- Install the APK by plugging the USB drive into your TV.
- By browsing on the Aptoide App, you can download Netflix for smartphones.
- You'll be able to access Netflix now, but you won't be able to type, sign in, or select anything because the TV remote isn't working.
- After pairing your Mini Wireless Keyboard, you'll be able to login in and stream Netflix.
Why is the Netflix app on my SmartTV not working?
Unplug or turn off your smart TV. Unplug your modem (and, if applicable, your wireless router) from the power source for 30 seconds. Connect your modem and wait until no new indication lights begin to flicker. If your router is separate from your modem, connect it and wait until no new indication lights illuminate.
Why is Netflix not working with my Samsung SmartTV?
As Netflix relies on applications, internet access, and third-party gear such as your TV to function, problems are expected to arise from time to time, causing your Netflix to stop working. Try rebooting your TV or your internet connection and try again.