How to Add, Modify, and Remove Your Tata Sky Channel Selection
Tata Sky is one of the most common words used by Indians in conversations related to DTH and cable operators. But, while do we have other broadcast satellite service providers in India such as DishTV, Airtel Digital TV, etc. Tata Sky remains to be the most popular choice indeed. That said, all these providers offer TV channels to their customers in return for a subscription fee.
In February 2019, the Telecom Authority of India (TRAI) introduced a new DTH and cable operating framework. This framework had multiple prominent updates, including the mandate for users to choose individual channels or bouquet packs of their choice.
The Tata Sky Channel Selection process is easy and seamless. And the operator has different channels via which the selection can occur.
If you are the one who has already selected favorite channels but missed out on one or two, you do have an option to un-miss that. Similarly, if you added unwanted channels by error, you have the flexibility to remove them.
If you are a Tata Sky customer looking to modify channels from your existing plan, here is how to go about adding or removing channels.
In what all different ways can Tata Sky Channel Selection be done?
Essentially, there are four (4) ways to modify your current Tata Sky pack:
- You can use the Tata Sky Mobile App on your Android or iOS device
- You can do it online by visiting the Tata Sky website.
- You can send an SMS
- You can make a call on the customer care number
Adding and Removing Tata Sky Channel Selection Online
Visting the Tata Sky official website is an easy way to bring about changes in your current channel pack.
- Visit tatasky.com/wps/portal, press on ‘Go To My Account.’
- Feed in your registered mobile number or Tata Sky Subscriber ID.
- By now, you would have received an OTP on your number.
- Enter the OTP, and you will then be landed on your account page.
- Once you complete the authentication process, you will see two options on your screen, namely, ‘Balances & Charges’ and ‘Recharge your DTH account.’
- On the right, you will see your box named ‘You Pack.’
- If you wish to add, remove or further modify your Tata Sky pack, then click on this icon.
- This will land on you on a page the discloses all your currently subscribed channels pack.
- Now you will see a ‘+’ sign beside each category
- If you click on the first one, you will see a dropdown list of all the packs you have subscribed to.
- You can now remove channels that you want to get rid of from the existing list by unchecking the box and then clicking on ‘Select and Proceed’ at the bottom.
- The next screen will display all the modifications you have made, i.e., adding or deactivating any channels.
- Once you have reviewed the changes, hit on the ‘Confirm’ icon.
- Your screen will reflect a confirmation message, and your new pack will be activated in a couple of minutes.
Adding and Removing Tata Sky Channel Selection on App
Tata Sky Plan change can also be done via the Tata Sky mobile application. You can follow the below steps to get going:
- Stop worrying whether the application is available on your smartphone or not, for it is available for both Android (Google Play Store) and iOS (Apple App) users.
- Download the ‘Tata Sky App’ and log in. If you are not yet registered on the app, then kickstart your registration.
- After logging in, you will be landed on the app’s home screen displaying featured shows, live TV networks, and others.
- Look for the ‘search’ button on the top right corner – by clicking on it, you will be able to check your account balance and other details.
- Next, click on ‘My Tata Sky’ > ‘Manage Packs.’
- By doing so, you will directly be landed on another page, ‘Modify Packs.’
- Click on ‘Modify Packs,’ to see a summary account.
- This page basically has a plethora of products ranging from your current packs, specially curated packages, broadcast plans, and others.
- Add or remove channels or your packs basis your interest by checking or unchecking the channels/packs from your list
- You can also press on the ‘+’ sign to expand the dropdown list.
- Once you are satisfied with the modifications, click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Your Tata Sky Pack Change now stands complete, and the same will reflect in 24 hours.
How to Add Channel in Tata Sky via SMS
If you are not the app or webpage person, and prefer short, to the point texting services, then you can choose to modify your Tata Sky Pack by sending an SMS to 56633, including the channel code from your registered mobile number.
Use the below format to add a new pack to your Tata Sky Subscription
ADD <SPACE> <PACK CODE>
How to Remove Channel in Tata Sky vis SMS
Similarly, if you wish to use text messages to remove or deactivate unwanted channels in your pack, send an SMS to 56633, including your channel code from your registered mobile number.
You can use the below format to remove an existing channel from your Tata Sky Subscription
DROP <SPACE> <PACK CODE>
Adding and Removing Tata Sky Channel Selection via Customer Care
If you find the above ways cumbersome or time-consuming, make a call from your registered mobile number on 1800-208-6633. This is Tata Sky’s customer care number.
Once you connect to a customer care representative, be free to discuss in detail all the modifications you’d like to make to your Tata Sky channel selection.
We hope this article helps you modify your Tata Sky Channel Selection in a best-suited way. You can add or remove channels from your existing Tata Sky pack without any hassles. Whether it is via the website, mobile app, SMS, or customer care, we have got everything covered in the above content.