TRAI DTH Complaint Process: Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel DTH and Videocon D2H
How many times have you gulped up your wrath for the poor cable services of your DTH provider? Has your DTH provider charged you for something you never subscribed to? Have you been toyed with from one customer service rep to the other without getting the issue solved?
Are you curious to know how to file a complaint against cable operators? Do you want to know how the DTH customer complaint filing and processing work? Look nowhere else. We have written this article to break down the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) complaint procedure for DTH services and enable customers to know their rights and act upon them.
The below content is broken into four (5) pieces, namely:
- TRAI Complaint for DTH: General Guidelines – To help our readers get in-depth answers to the ‘How to Complaint to TRAI?’ question!
- Tata Sky Complaint, Helpline, Customer Care and Support
- Dish TV Complaint, Helpline, Customer Care and Support
- Airtel DTH Complaint, Customer Care and Support
- Videocon D2H Complaint, Customer Care and Support
Let us get started with the first (and most important) section of this article.
TRAI Complaint For DTH: General Guidelines
TRAI was established on the 20th Feb 1997 to regulate the telecom services in the country when the private service providers started to enter the Indian soil, and the need to have independent regulation became a necessity.
Since then, TRAI has developed many orders, regulations, and directives related to tariffs, quality of services, and interconnection services to boost the Indian Telecom Industry.
Concerning DTH services, below, we have collated the general guidelines that customers should be aware of when facing issues with their respective service providers.
The first step of the complaint process is to register one! Yes, it is all about the basics. In case you have a complaint about any of the DTH services. Without any delay, report it at the service provider’s toll-free customer care number or otherwise (via app/website).
Make sure to receive a docket number – which essentially confirms the registration of the complaint. Remember that TRAI is an independent regulatory body and does not handle individual complaints.
Time Frame for Redressal of Complaints at Customer Care Level
The DTH provider’s customer care is meant to redress your complaints. Therefore, for any faults or disruption of service, DTH providers should rectify the same within three (3) days from the date of complaint registration. Issues related to other factors should be resolved within seven (7) days from the date of complaint registration.
Unsatisfied Complaint Redressal at Customer Care Level
Subscribers on the receiving end of the DTH service provider’s rogue behavior should report the incident to TRAI customer care number 0120-6898689 or email@example.com.
Time Frame for Redressal of Complaints at Nodal Office Level
For any faults or disruption of service, the Nodal Officer should rectify the same within three (3) days from the date of complaint registration. Issues related to other factors should be resolved within ten (10) days from the date of complaint registration.
In cases where the Nodal Officer fails to resolve the grievance satisfactorily, customers can appeal to the DTH provider’s appellate authority.
The Appeal Framework consists of three (3) elements: the appeal form, appeal time limit, and appeal disposal.
- Appeal Form: This can be obtained free of charge (FOC) from your DTH provider’s office, sales outlets, Nadal Officer’s office, and appellate authority. It can also be downloaded from TRAI’s website or the DTH provider’s official website.
- Time Limit: Customers need to file an appeal within three (3) months of complaint disposal by the respective Nodal Officer. However, the appellate authority may or may not entertain appeals filed after the expiry of three (3) months.
- Appeal Disposal: The appellate authority’s time frame for appeal disposal is three (3) months from the date of filing of the appeal.
Billing Charging Complaint
Your DTH provider has to solve a billing complaint (for postpaid connections) and a charging complaint (for prepaid connections) within four (4) weeks. Any waiver, credit, or adjustment ascending from such a complaint resolution must be made to the customer’s account within one (1) week of resolution.
Termination of Service
The DTH service provider shall terminate the connection within seven (7) days upon request. They cannot charge rental or any other charges beyond the period of seven (7) days of the request for closure made by the customer.
Further, new bills shall be raised only after adjusting the security deposit. The termination of service shall not be made conditional upon the payment of dues/ bills/settlement of a dispute.
The outstanding amount of security deposits must be refunded within 60 days of closure/ termination of service.
In cases where the refund is not made within 60 days, the consumer is entitled to interest at the rate of 10% per annum for the number of days the refund is delayed beyond 60 days
Tata Sky Complaint
Tata Sky customer care provides support via toll-free numbers, dedicated helpline numbers, email IDs, and the official website.
Here is all the information you need in case you need aid in troubleshooting the Tata Sky DTH connection -
- Tata Sky Toll-Free Number: 1800 208 6633
- Dedicated Tata Sky Helpline Numbers-
- Helpline Number:1860 120 6633
- Helpline Number: 1860 500 6633
- New Connection: 07411774117
- Emergency Top Up Missed Call Number: 08061999999
- Tata Sky Emails IDs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tata Sky Registered Office: Tata Sky Ltd., Unit 301 to 305, 3rd Floor, Windsor Off, C.S.T. Road, Kalina, Santacruz (East), Mumbai 400098
Dish TV Complaint
Dish TV customer care provides support via toll-free numbers, dedicated helpline numbers, email IDs, and the official website.
Here is all the information you need in case you need aid in troubleshooting the Dish TV DTH connection -
- Dish TV Toll-Free Number: 1800 270 0300
- Dedicated Dish TV Helpline Numbers-
- Local Call charges apply: 95017 95017
- Get your account-related updates on WhatsApp: 1800 315 7878
- 101/102 Error On TV: 1800 270 2102
- Account Information: 87503 87503
- 3 Days Extra To Recharge: 1800 274 9050
- Great Offers, Only for you: 87506 87506
- Dish TV Emails IDs: email@example.com
- Dish TV Registered Office: Dish TV India Ltd. FC - 19, Sector 16A, Film City, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India. Pin code-201301
Airtel TV Complaint
Airtel DTH customer care provides support via toll-free numbers, dedicated helpline numbers, email IDs, and the official website.
Here is all the information you need in case you need aid in troubleshooting the Airtel DTH connection -
- Airtel DTH Toll-Free Number: 1800 103 6065
- Airtel DTH All India Helpline Number: 8130081300
- Airtel Complaint Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Airtel DTH TV Registered Office: Bharti Cresent, 1, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj, Phase - II, Delhi – 110070
Videocon d2h Complaint
Videocon D2H customer care provides support via toll-free numbers, dedicated helpline numbers, email IDs, and the official website.
Here is all the information you need in case you need aid in troubleshooting the Videocon d2h connection -
- Videocon D2H Toll-Free Number: 1800 212 212
- Dedicated Videocon D2H Helpline Numbers-
- Account Information - 9781897818
- E16/ E18 Error on TV - 1800 1370 777
- New Connection - 1800 3150 002
- Talk to Us - 91156 91156
- 3 Days Extra To Recharge - 1800 1370 333
- Exclusive Offers - 97818 97818
- Videocon DTH Complaint Mail ID: email@example.com
- Videocon D2H Registered Office: 1st Floor Techweb Center New Link Road, Near Mega Mall Oshiwara Mumbai - 400102
We hope this article will act as a handy rescue whenever you face any DTH-related issues. The TRAI Complaint process for DTH-related problems is relatively simple and has been established to enable consumers to know about their rights.