How To Port From Vodafone Idea To Jio?
Reliance Jio has already established itself as one of India's largest telecom providers, with 4G VoLTE access countrywide, and plans to enter the 5G market soon. To create a more extensive customer base, the operator offers attractive prepaid and postpaid options. It also provides advantages such as Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and a free subscription to Jio applications. Furthermore, Jio offers prepaid users advantages such as in-flight connection packs and long-validity packs.
If you are a Vodafone Idea user, Vodafone Idea to Jio portability is quite simple. You may transfer your cell phone number to Jio prepaid and postpaid services online or by visiting a nearby store.
Jio, like other operators, offers doorstep delivery of the new SIM card. You may also use your phone's MyJio app to schedule the arrival of the new SIM.
To port from Vodafone Idea to Jio, you should maintain your official address and identification evidence with you at all times. Your driver's license or any other valid address and identification document may be used as evidence.
Please note that in an intra-circle port, the Mobile Number Portability (MNP) procedure may take up to 48 hours. However, altering your telecom circle may take three to 4 days. For users in Jammu & Kashmir, Assam, and North East India, the porting procedure can take 15 days.
This blog will help you find the answer to "how to port Vodafone Idea to Jio'.
How Can You Port Your Vodafone Idea Mobile Number To Jio Online At Home
If you would not want to walk out and visit a shop, Jio, like other carriers, allows you to have your replacement SIM card sent online. It is also worth noting that online ordering of a Jio SIM is presently restricted to postpaid connections. Still, you may request a prepaid SIM from the executive visiting your house after completing the procedure mentioned below.
- Enter your complete name and 10-digit mobile number on the Jio website.
- Press the Generate OTP button now. This would send a six-digit one-time password (OTP) as a text message to your cell phone.
- Enter the number and then verify the OTP by clicking the Validate OTP button.
- The portal will now redirect you to a page where you will be prompted to enter your address information. It will request your location, PIN code, flat/house number, and landmark.
- You'll now see a Confirm button, which you must click to submit your SIM delivery request.
- A Jio official will then contact you to schedule a delivery time for the new SIM. You must request MNP during the conversation and create a Unique Porting Code (UPC) from your smartphone by delivering an SMS message. Send "Port" accompanied by your 10-digit mobile phone number to 1900. The code you'll get in response is only suitable for four days (30 days in the case of Jammu and Kashmir). You'll need to provide that code, as well as your address and ID evidence, to the executive who comes to your house.
MyJio App To Port Your Mobile Number To Jio
Do you have the MyJio app installed on your phone? If yes, you can also manage the delivery of the new SIM through the app.
- Navigate to the MyJio app and then to 'Not a Jio customer?' There will be an option at the bottom of the page. If you are not signed in with a Jio number or have signed out, this will display.
- You would now see a pop-up menu with the option Port-in to Jio. Select that option.
- The app will now display a form in which you must provide your complete name and 10-digit cell phone number.
- After you've provided your name and phone number, click the Generate OTP button.
- A form will now display, asking for information about your delivery location, such as your neighborhood, zip code, and home number.
- After you've provided the location information, click the Confirm button.
- You will now get a call from a Jio official asking for your address to send the new SIM. You must request the MNP service and indicate whether you require a Jio prepaid or postpaid service.
How To Port Vodafone Idea To Jio Offline
If you do not want to utilize the MyJio app or continue with the online procedures, you may transfer your cell number to Jio offline.
- Send an SMS message to 1900 with the word "Port" accompanied by your mobile number to get a UPC. 1901 will send you an SMS message with the UPC code and its expiration date.
- Now, bring the UPC code, as well as your address and identification evidence, to your closest Jio Store or Jio Retailer. You can also check the vodafone to jio port offers available when you visit the retailer.
- If you have a postpaid connection, you must settle any outstanding debts with your existing operator. If you are switching from a prepaid connection, please remember that your balance will not be transferred across to Jio and will be lost after moving your number.
The steps mentioned above are the same for porting all types of connections, including prepaid to prepaid, postpaid to postpaid, prepaid to postpaid, and postpaid to prepaid.
Also Read: How To Get Jio Fiber Connection In Your Area
Now that you know how to port your Vodafone Idea number to Jio, you can easily avail the more affordable plans offered by Jio. For more such blogs about top telecom providers, please stay tuned with Selectra!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much would it charge to get a new SIM card?
A. Obtaining a Jio SIM card is totally free. However, you must activate an appropriate plan at the time of SIM card collection.
How will I pay for my SIM card?
You may pay the JIO agent in cash or with a credit or debit card.
What papers are needed to get a new SIM card?
Aadhaar, Voter ID, Passport, and Driving License are examples of original papers that may be used as Proof of Identity (POI) as well as Proof of Address (POA).
How can I postpone my Jio SIM home delivery?
Please call the delivery staff directly to postpone your Jio SIM delivery. You would be transferred to a new URL from which you can pick a new time frame. Please remember that you would only be allowed to postpone your home delivery once.
How much is the Vodafone Idea to Jio port charges?
All you need to pay is the porting fees, which are often Rs 6.46. Of course, if you want to go from Vodafone Idea postpaid to Jio prepaid, you must clear any existing bills before this process can be completed.