How to Port Vodafone Idea (Vi) to Airtel In 4 Easy Ways?
Ready to switch from Vodafone (Vi) to Airtel? Discover a hassle-free process with our guide on 'Vodafone to Airtel port.' Learn the 4 easy ways to initiate the porting process and easy transition your number to Airtel. Make the switch effortlessly with step-by-step instructions for a smooth Vodafone to Airtel porting experience.
How To Port Vi To Airtel?
Are you a Vodafone Idea user looking to change to the Airtel Network? Mobile Service Providers offer various options to their subscribers when they decide to port their existing connection. In addition to changing providers, Consumers can also choose or compare between postpaid vs prepaid recharge options provided along with porting.
There are four ways you can adapt to port your Vodafone Number to Airtel. These include:
- Online: You can visit the Airtel website and follow the instructions to port your number. You will need to provide your Vodafone number and other details, such as your name and address, and Airtel will initiate the porting process.
- SMS: You can also send an SMS with the word "PORT" followed by your 10-digit Vodafone mobile number to 1900. Airtel will send you a unique porting code (UPC) via SMS, which you will need to provide during the porting process.
- Call: You can call the Airtel customer care number and request to port your Vodafone number. They will ask for your details and initiate the porting process.
- Visit an Airtel Store: You can also visit an Airtel store in person and request to port your Vodafone number. You will need to provide your details and documents such as a valid ID proof and address proof. Airtel's representatives will guide you through the porting process.
Vodafone to Airtel Port: Requirement
Regardless of the method you choose, you will need to ensure that your Vodafone number is active and has been in use for at least 90 days. You will also need to clear any outstanding bills or dues with Vodafone before initiating the porting process.
Let’s take a look at the procedures to follow in each of the above-mentioned methods of porting Vi to the Airtel network.
Vi To Airtel Port Via SMS/MNP Service
It is quite simple to port your Vi Number to Airtel using the MNP Service or an SMS request.
Here are the steps outlined to complete the transition:
- First, open your cell phone's messaging app.
- Next, send an SMS to '1900' (1900 is a USSD code).
- Type 'PORT' followed by 'your cellphone number' in the text field. (Please keep in mind that the word PORT is case-sensitive and should only be entered in block letters).
- After the message has been successfully sent, you will get an SMS containing a UPC (Unique Porting Code) associated with the porting request.
- Next, you have to visit the closest Airtel shop with your UPC code.
- The customer service representative at the Airtel shop will assist you with the necessary paperwork.
- You should provide your identification papers, such as your Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card, and so on.
- After your papers are verified, you will be required to pay a modest portability charge.
- The Airtel representative will give you a new SIM card and finish the procedure.
- That's all there is to it.
As soon as all necessary paperwork is completed and all costs have been paid, an Airtel store representative will finish the MNP process and provide you with a new Airtel SIM card.
Related: How to activate a SIM card?
Port Vi To Airtel Via Airtel Thanks App
If you are someone who doesn't want to go through all the hassle of sending an SMS and waiting, then you may want to know how to port a number to Airtel through Airtel Thanks App.
Here are the steps you need to follow to port your number via Airtel Thanks App:
- First, you will be required to download the Airtel Thanks application on your mobile phone from the Google Play Store
- Open the application and click on the PORT-IN request
- Next, select the plan and type of connection you need, i.e. Airtel postpaid plan or Airtel prepaid plan.
- A new window will open that will ask for address confirmation
- Once the address is confirmed, Airtel will send a customer executive to your doorstep to collect the required documents and deliver the new SIM
- When instructed by the executive, insert the new SIM into your phone and follow the process to activate
Time Taken To Port Vodafone To Airtel
The procedure of porting your number from Vodafone to Airtel takes 48 hours to four working days. Once the porting process has been finished, your previous Vodafone connection (be it Vi prepaid plan or Vi postpaid plan)will be immediately disconnected from the internet. In the meanwhile, users may continue to use their current postpaid or prepaid Vi connection without interruption.
Port From Vi To Airtel Via Website
You may also visit the Airtel website for information on porting your Vodafone number to Airtel. You may simply submit a request to have your number ported to Airtel and choose the data and calling package that best suits your needs.
Furthermore, you have the choice of selecting a mobile recharge plan depending on your requirements with the business. Not only that, but you will be asked to provide your name and cell phone number, as well as your full address, to be validated at your doorway by the site. Simply fill out the form and wait for an Airtel representative to contact you about your SIM card delivery.
Port Vi Number To Airtel Via Airtel Stores
You can easily visit your nearest Airtel Store and place a request directly with the Airtel representative. Please remember to carry your Identity proof and Address confirmation documents with you.
MNP Procedure Notification
You will receive an SMS in your alternate mobile number which will indicate that the porting procedure has been completed. There will be a tele-verification code in the message. Once you have obtained the tele-verification code, you may put the new Airtel SIM card into your mobile phone and verify the tele-verification code by calling '59059' from the phone's speakerphone.
Once your tele-verification is also done, your mobile sim will be ported from Vi to Airtel!
6 Reasons Users Choose Mobile Number Portability(MNP)
Users may port their phone number to a new mobile operator for various reasons. Some of the most common reasons include:
Better deals and plans
Users may switch to a new operator to take advantage of better deals, plans, or pricing. This may include more data, minutes, or texts for less money, or better international roaming rates.
If users are experiencing poor network coverage in certain areas or are frequently dropping calls, they may switch to an operator that provides better coverage.
Better customer service
Users may switch to a new operator if they are dissatisfied with the level of customer service they are receiving from their current operator.
Better handset options
Users may switch to a new operator if they want access to the latest handsets or if their current operator does not offer the handset they want.
Users may switch to an operator that provides better coverage in the area they have relocated to.
Merger or acquisition
If their current operator merges or is acquired by another operator, users may switch to a new operator to take advantage of the benefits or avoid any negative effects of the merger or acquisition.
In general, users may port their number to a new mobile operator in order to improve their overall mobile experience, whether it be in terms of pricing, coverage, customer service, or handset options.
How To Port Vi to Airtel: Via Airtel Customer Care Contact
If you need more information on how to port Idea to Airtel prepaid or postpaid connections, you can always contact the Airtel Customer care team.
Here are the Airtel customer care numbers you can call:
- 9810012345 for Airtel Postpaid
- 9810198101 for Airtel Prepaid
Port Vi to Airtel: Frequently Asked Questions
How can I know when my number has been ported?
You will receive an SMS with a tele-verification code on your alternate number once the porting is completed.
Am I eligible to port to Airtel?
The only eligibility criterion is that your existing SIM card connection should have been valid for 90 days before you request for porting to Airtel network.
How long is my UPC valid?
Your Unique Porting Code will be valid for 5 working days. If you have not used it by then, all you have to do is submit another porting request. Then you will be given a new UPC!