Port from Jio to Airtel: How to Apply and Check MNP Status
In the telecom market, mobile network operators continually try to engage new subscribers by providing better offers and services from the competition. As a result, many users want to leave their existing service provider due to issues like inadequate service provision or poor network coverage.
How to Port Jio to Airtel?
Mobile Number Portability (MNP) is a service that allows customers to transfer their mobile network operator without changing their mobile number. Jio mobile users can change their service provider and shift to Airtel using MNP. Here are all the details you need about how to port Jio to Airtel number.
Port Jio to Airtel: Through SMS
Porting existing SIM connections is quite simple with the MNP service. Users need to send an SMS request to their mobile service provider to port Jio to Airtel. Here is the complete process:
- Open the Messages app on your phone.
- Start a new conversation with ‘1900’
- Type ‘PORT’ space ‘your mobile number’ and send the SMS.
- Once the message gets delivered, you will receive an SMS with a UPC against your porting request. (UPC – Unique Porting Code)
- Once you receive the SMS with your UPC, visit the nearest Airtel store.
- Submit the required documents to the Airtel customer care support executive at the Airtel store.
- Once the documents are verified, pay the portability fee.
- The store operator will complete the process and provide you with a new Airtel SIM card.
Jio to Airtel Port: Online | Through Website
Whether you are a Jio prepaid user or a Jio postpaid user, porting to Airtel can be done from the comfort of your home. Jio's users can easily port to Airtel prepaid plans or port to Airtel postpaid plan in easy steps listed below:
How to port from Jio to Airtel prepaid online?
For customers, planning to port number to Airtel, it offers two plans to choose from – Rs 299 and Rs 479. These plans come with a validity of 28 days and 56 days and 1.5 GB of daily internet data.
- Click on the link: https://www.airtel.in/prepaid-4g-sim
- Select the plan of your choice and fill the required details as shown above. Do not forget to check the option where it says: “Do You Want To Port This Number”.
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Soon you will be receiving a call from an Airtel executive to inform you regarding the delivery of your new Airtel SIM card.
- Keep the following documents handy: identity and address proof such as Aadhaar card, driving licence, electricity bill etc. along with the UPC code received on your mobile number.
- An Airtel executive will come to deliver the Airtel SIM card and verify the documents.
- Upon successful verification, within 48 hours your number is ported.
How to port from Jio to Airtel postpaid online?
Airtel is offering two postpaid plans for customers who are looking to switch. The Rs. 499 and Rs 999 plan with 75 GB and 150 GB data plans and 100 SMS per day.
- Head to https://www.airtel.in/myplan-infinity/
- Choose any one of the two plans: Rs. 499 and Rs. 999
- Select the ‘Switch to Airtel (with same number)’ in the form on the right.
- Enter your name, mobile number, city, and address.
- Click on Submit.
How to Port Jio to Airtel Without Sending SMS?
Airtel's Mobile Number Portability service allows customers to change service providers without having to alter their phone numbers. So, if you are wondering how to port Jio to Airtel without sending SMS, you can do so via the website. Users can switch their connection from Jio to Airtel through the Airtel official website, mobile app, or by physically going to an Airtel store and requesting an MNP facility.
A valid address and identification proof, such as a passport, driver's licence, voter ID card, ration card, or photo credit card, are required to use the service.
How Much Time Does it Take to Port Jio to Airtel Number?
To port your Jio number to Airtel SIM card, you will have to wait approximately five to seven business days. During this time, you can continue using your postpaid or prepaid Jio connections. Once the porting process is complete, the existing SIM card will automatically stop working. You will then need to insert a new Airtel SIM card into your phone in order to get cellular connectivity back on your phone.
You will receive an SMS on the alternate number provided before the porting process is completed and your Jio to Airtel port is successful. You will receive a tele-verification code. When you get your tele-verification code, next you have to insert the new Airtel SIM card into your phone. Then you need to verify the code by calling '59059'.
Documents Required to Port Jio to Airtel Number All you need is: Address proof – Aadhaar Card/Pan Card/Voter ID/Driving Licence and Passport-sized photograph.
Port From Jio to Airtel: Frequently Asked Questions
What is the eligibility to port from Jio to Airtel number?
The existing SIM card connection has to be remained active for a period of more than 90 days before a user can apply for mobile number portability.
What paperwork is required for the porting process?
Users will need an address proof to port their number from Airtel to Jio, which can be any of the following.
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Voter ID
- Driving License
For porting your number, you'll also need a passport-sized photograph.
What is UPC and its validity?
A UPC (Unique Porting Code) is a verification code that is sent by the mobile operator on your mobile phone once you file a porting request using the MNP service. This verification code is then used by the customer care executive to verify your porting request. All UPCs are valid for a period of 5 days and after which they expire.