BSNL: Prepaid Data Plans, SIM Validity and Recharge
BSNL or Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is India's biggest state-owned telecommunications service provider. The company provides its services throughout India, excluding Mumbai and Delhi. That being said, with the new acquisition of MTNL, the organization will shortly begin to operate in those circles too.
According to Statista, as of September 2019 in fiscal year 2020, the total income reported by Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited amounted to over 90 billion Indian rupees.
Pro tip Did you know that BSNL is the most preferred leased line providing company in India, despite multiple operators trying to compete?
An Overview of BSNL
BSNL was established in 2000 and strives to offer voice and internet facilities in every area of the nation. The corporation has one of the biggest wireline networks and still has a significant presence in the telecommunications market. Even then, the mobile operator is the one that has yet to phase out 4G networks around the country, although other companies such as Airtel and Reliance Jio already have begun 5G network testing.
That being said, it's one of the very few companies that offer a wide range of prepaid recharge plans starting from Rs 18 and up to Rs 1,999. Here are some of the most popular plans, which we have divided based on various categories that you can choose from.
Best BSNL Recharge Plans with Data and Unlimited Calling Benefits
BSNL provides a variety of prepaid recharge plans with great data incentives. Some of the plans in the category come with unlimited voice calling advantages along with some other unique features such as a free BSNL Tunes subscription and much more.
|₹147||10GB||30 days||Unlimited||Subscription to BSNL tunes|
|₹187||2GB /day||28 Days||Unlimited||NA|
|₹247||3GB/day||30 Days||Unlimited||Subscription to Eros Now and BSNL Tunes|
|₹429||1GB/day||81 Days||Unlimited||Subscription to Eros Now|
|₹998||2GB/day||240 Days||Unlimited||Free Lokdhun content service|
|₹1999||3GB/day||365 Days||Unlimited||Subscription to Eros Now and BSNL Tunes and Lokdhun content service|
BSNL SIM Validity Extension Recharge Plans
For those seeking to expand the SIM validity of their prepaid BSNL numbers, a broad variety of plans is offered by the state-owned operator.
|₹75||2GB||60 days||100 minutes||Subscription PRBT tunes for 60 days|
|₹94||3GB||90 Days||100 minutes||Subscription PRBT tunes for 60 days|
|₹106||3GB||100 Days||100 minutes||Subscription to PRBT Tunes for 60 days|
|₹107||3GB||100 Days||100 minutes||Subscription to BSNL Tunes for 60 days|
BSNL Full Talktime Topups
BSNL is undoubtedly one of the few telephone providers to have a large catalog of talk time plans. The packs are starting at Rs 60 and going up to Rs 6,000. Any of the plans also bring maximum benefits to TalkTime.
BSNL ISD Plans
The company also sells overseas roaming or ISD plans to its clients. Telecom operator ISD plans are applicable for all prominent countries.
BSNL Prepaid Offers by Region
As BSNL provides coverage across the country, especially in rural regions. Hence, the prepaid plans offered by BSNL vary depending on the region. Here are the regions you can choose from and the most popular plan in each area.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Andaman / Nicobar: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 18 days.
- BSNL Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Plans: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Assam: ₹139 for 2 GB/day valid for 28 days.
- BSNL Bihar and Jharkhand Plans: ₹247 for 2 GB/day valid for 30 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Chandigarh Ut: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Chennai: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 18 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Dadra / Nagar Haveli Ut: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 18 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Daman / Diu: ₹298 for 1 GB/day valid for 54 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Gujarat: ₹139 for 2 GB/day valid for 28 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Haryana: ₹139 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Himachal Pradesh: ₹139 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Jammu / Kashmir: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Karnataka: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Kerala: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Kolkata: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Lakshadweep Ut: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Madhya Pradesh/Chattisgarh: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days
- BSNL Recharge Plans Maharashtra / Goa: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL North East Plans: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans North East 2: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days
- BSNL Recharge Plans Orissa: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days
- BSNL Recharge Plans Puducherry Ut: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Punjab: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Rajasthan: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 18 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Tamil Nadu: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans Telangana: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
- BSNL Recharge Plans UP East: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days
- BSNL UP WEST and Uttarakhand Plans: ₹98 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days
- BSNL Recharge Plans Sikkim: ₹97 for 2 GB/day valid for 22 days.
Pro tip BSNL’s network coverage is in all the states of India whether they are rural, hilly or regressive.
How To Increase BSNL SIM Validity?
BSNL customers can opt to recharge their mobile number from the list of available extension recharge options. The provider is offering a host of plans, such as Rs 75, Rs 94, Rs 106, Rs 107 and much more. Alternatively, you should send an SMS Ext Validity to 51505. The telecommunications provider will send an SMS to validate the order. You will validate that by following the directions, and then you must pay the fee for the validity extension. The amount will be deducted immediately from the balance of your account and your term of validity will be increased.
What Is The Account Deactivation Date For BSNL?
Customers can choose from two forms of grace periods offered by BSNL. Grace Period 1 (GP1) and Grace Period 2 (GP2) are the first and second grace periods, respectively. The GP1 period begins on the day the validity expires, while the GP2 period begins on the eighth day after the validity expires. The GP1 has a 7-day validity period, while the GP2 has a 165-day validity period. This gives you a total of 172 days from the expiration date. This implies that your BSNL SIM will be totally deactivated after 172 days have passed.
How To Recharge Your BSNL Prepaid SIM Online?
Similar to other mobile operators, it’s very easy to recharge your BSNL prepaid SIM. Mentioned below are three ways you can recharge your BSNL prepaid SIM:
- BSNL Website: You can visit the BSNL website, enter your details, choose a plan and make an online payment.
- UPI: You can use any UPI app, including PayTM, Google Pay or PhonePe to recharge your BSNL prepaid SIM.
- Digital Wallet: If you’re using a digital wallet or have an account on an online platform like MobiKwik, you can easily recharge your BSNL prepaid SIM.
How To Block Your BSNL SIM card?
If you’ve lost your phone or if you’ve applied for a new SIM card, you can block your BSNL SIM card easily. The easiest step is calling customer care on 1503 from your BSNL phone or 18001801503 from another network. Inform the customer executive that you want to block your SIM.
You will most likely have to confirm some personal details, including your address, phone numbers, etc., following which your SIM will be blocked.
How to Contact BSNL Customer Care?
BSNL is known for its quick and responsive customer care service. If you’re trying to contact a customer executive for a query or to raise a complaint, you try calling the following numbers:
- Landline Call Center: 1500 for BSNL customers, 800-345-1500 from other networks
- All India Helpline: 1800-180-1503/ 1503
Pro tip BSNL is the 10th biggest company in the country on the basis of assets.