What is Amazon Fire Stick, Features, cost and More
The Amazon Fire Stick is probably the company’s more loved streaming device. And we believe it is so because of all the good reasons. Really!
In 2014, Amazon unveiled its set-top box services by the name ‘Amazon TV’ that could transform a regular TV into a smart one (via the internet) and provide easy access to entertainment in households.
With the constant technical evolution, the company sooner than later started selling its Fire Sticks, replacing set-top boxes with petit plug-in devices.
Let us move on to the next section and understand what these interesting devices actually are.
Amazon Fire Stick- What It Is and How Does it Function?
Ten years from today, if we would have asked you whether you can carry your TV wherever you go, be it on vacation, a business trip, or to a friend’s place, what would your answer be?
We predict it would have been, ‘No, are you out of your mind?’
Now, as we write this in 2021 if we ask you the same question, the most probable answer will be, ‘Yes, of course.’
What exactly happened in these years? Well, Amazon Fire Stick and Chromecast happened.
With a Fire Stick, you can get access to all your favorite apps under one umbrella! The only necessity being constant and reliable internet services and a TV set with an HDMI port. Yes, that’s all!
This innovative Amazon product enables its users to watch more than 500,000 movies and TV shows from popular streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney plus Hotstar, and others.
Not only this but Fire Stick users also get bundled benefits of being able to watch live sports matches and TV shows from regular dish channels and listen to music with popular music streaming platforms like Spotify.
A variety of Fire TV Sticks are available in the market, such as regular Fire TV stick, Fire TV Stick Lite, and Fire TV Stick 4K. These Amazon devices are broadly alike, with major differentiating factors being the quality of streaming and remote control buttons.
Uses of Amazon Fire Stick
The Fire Stick provides multiple benefits to today’s internet-loving users. Some of these include:
- One place to access all streaming services such as Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime, Disney+ Hotstar, and others,
- Improve viewing experience by using Alexa Voice Control,
- Internet browsing,
- Online gaming,
- Ability to share photos on a TV screen.
Amazon Fire Stick Prices and Complimentary Hardware
You can purchase Amazon Fire Stick from any local electronic shop you would go to buy a new phone, laptop, tablet, or any other item. Alternatively, you can also switch to online delivery platforms, which have grown popular during the pandemic.
Regardless, most customers usually end up placing orders online at the Amazon Website, hoping that the manufacturer would not provide sub-standard products to its customers.
If you are confused about the meaning of the ‘best’ deal, waiting for the Fire Stick to go on Amazon sale might be the brightest option!
Here is a list of the popular devices picked by Fire Stick lovers:
- Fire TV Stick 2nd generation: Will cost you Rs. 2,499.
- Fire TV Stick Lite (2020): Will cost you Rs. 2,999.
- Fire TV Stick 3rd generation (2021): Will cost Rs. 3,999.
- Fire TV Stick Plus: Will cost you Rs. 4,999.
- Fire TV Stick 4K: Will cost you Rs. 5,999.
When you order an Amazon Fire TV Stick, some hardware items are bundled in the shipping box. These include:
- Brand (new) Fire TV Stick,
- Fire Stick Remote Control,
- HDMI Extender,
- USB Cable,
- Power Adapter,
- User manual,
- 2 AAA batteries.
Next, let us kickstart the section breaking down the complex setting-up procedures of the Fire Stick.
How to Set Up Amazon Fire Stick?
- To start with, pick the USB cable and plug it into the power adapter.
- Next, plug the other end of the USB cable into the Amazon Fire Stick.
- Now, go ahead and plug the Fire Stick into your TV’S HDMI port.
- Pick up your remote control and press ‘Home.’ Also, press on the Play/Pause buttons.
- You will now see a language drop list. Pick the one that you want to go with.
- Connect to the closest WiFi network for the best experience.
You will have to log in or sign in to your Amazon account. Post which, you can opt-in or opt-out for the parental controls.
- Don’t get annoyed with Amazon asking you if you’d like to subscribe to its Prime Video services.
- Now, select the ‘Choose Apps’ options to walk through Amazon’s app repository.
- Lastly, you can choose your favorite streaming services, TV channels, sports apps, featured services, and more and hit on ‘Download Apps.’
Voila, this is how easy setting up an Amazon Fire Stick is.
Amazon Fire Stick and Alexa
In today’s world, Fire Stick remote controls enable users to control the TV via voice commands. Yes, we know how fascinating that is. The built-in microphone in the remote control allows users to command Alexa to perform functions like rewind, pause, play, search, and more.
Amazon Fire Stick Customer Care
If you have any complaints or feedback for your Amazon Fire Stick, feel free to dial 1-888-280-4331. This number is available 24*7 rounds a year.
Alternatively, you can write to [email protected] for general queries and [email protected] for issues relating to billing disputes of your Fire Stick.
The company also has its chat services on its website for those who find it easy to communicate via chat boxes. All you need to do is log in, scroll down and click on ‘Let Us Help You.’ The following steps on your screen will be self-explanatory.
We hope this guide helps you absorb all the necessary information to become an intelligent Amazon Fire Stick user who knows all the benefits and tricks to make the most of this innovative technology. Also, don’t forget to continue visiting our website for more such content.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any specific internet requirements for Amazon Fire Stick?
No, there aren’t any specific internet requirements as such, however, Selectra recommends you to have a minimum of 3 Mbps internet speed for SD streaming and a minimum of 5 Mbps internet speed for HD streaming.
Are there any free Amazon Fire TV Channels?
Yes, absolutely. There is a ton of free content that you get free access to upon buying Amazon Fire Stick. Some of these popular ones include YouTube, TED TV, and streaming channels offered by the local TV networks.