How To Do Airtel, Vi, Jio & BSNL Postpaid Bill Payments In 2022
Are you a mobile user who is unsure about how to pay postpaid bills? If yes, this article will give you a complete guide on paying bills and checking your outstanding bill status. Whether you are an Airtel, Reliance Jio, Vodafone-Idea, or BSNL user, the process of paying the post-paid bills is almost the same. No matter which network you use, Airtel, BSNL, Reliance Jio, or Vodafone-Idea, we have covered all the details that will benefit you.
In the next few paragraphs, we will discuss:
- How to complete online mobile bill payments for each service provider
- How to complete the post-paid bill payments via UPI
- How To Avail postpaid bill payment offers
How To Pay Postpaid Bills
There are several ways to make your postpaid bill payment. You can pay postpaid bills by visiting the customer service center or at the retail store through cash, debit card, credit card, or cheque. Each Service Provider has a set of instructions that you have to follow while paying your postpaid bills.
Let’s find out how to pay postpaid bills online for the main mobile service providers in India.
How To Do Airtel Postpaid Bill Payment Online
To pay Airtel bills online, the network has created an online portal where users can pay any outstanding bills such as postpaid mobile bills, broadband, landline bills, etc.
Follow the steps given below to know how to pay Airtel postpaid bill online:
- Visit the Airtel official online website/portal
- Click the login button and enter the site using your Airtel postpaid mobile number
- You will then be sent a one-time password
- Enter the OTP as the password to clear verification
- Go to the post-paid section
- Now select the ‘pay bills’ option.
- Enter the post-paid mobile number
- You will be guided to a window with your current outstanding bill.
- Check your bill details and press the ‘Pay Bill’ button
- It will redirect you to the payment gateway page
- Now, choose the method by which you want to pay (debit card, credit card, or UPI)
- After confirmation of the option, your payment will be made successfully
You can also make Airtel postpaid bill payments through their Airtel mobile application.
How To Do Jio Postpaid Bill Payment Online
To pay Jio postpaid bills online, you need to visit Reliance Jio’s official self-care website and then follow the steps below to know how to pay Jio postpaid bills online.
- Sign in yourself on your handset with your postpaid Jio number
- Go to the Pay bills section
- Choose the Mobility option
- Enter your Reliance Jio postpaid number
- Click Fetch bill
- By doing so, you will be able to fill the payable amount automatically
- After getting the bill, enter ‘Pay’ (the blue button)
- Now you will be redirected to another page, the payment gateway page
- Choose the payment method (debit card, credit card, or UPI)
- Hit enter to complete the payment.
Reliance Jio has introduced the Jio Autopay option. You just need to provide your credit or debit card details, and the payable charges will automatically be deducted on the due date. You do not have to pay bills anymore by yourself.
How To Do Vodafone Idea (Vi) Online Postpaid Bill Payment
The Vodafone online mobile bill payment is very easy. You can understand how to pay vodafone postpaid bill easily by visiting the Vodafone Idea official website.
Follow the rest of the steps to complete the Vodafone online mobile bill payment.
- Go to the Vodafone Idea website
- Go to the post-paid section
- Select the Pay bills tab
- Once done, enter the Vi post-paid number
- Wait for the online portal to get your bill details
- Once the bill is fetched, hit the ‘Pay Now’ button
- It will redirect you to the payment getaway window
- Choose the desired payment option (debit card, credit card, or UPI option as a payment mode)
- Press confirm to complete the payment.
How To Do BSNL Postpaid Bill Payment Online
There is also an official online postal service for BSNL online postpaid bill payment, landline bills, and broadband bills payment.
Let's see the steps involved in how to pay bsnl postpaid bill online:
- Firstly, sign up yourself by completing the given form on the BSNL website
- Put the valid email id and valid mobile number
- Once you enter your number, you will receive an OTP for verification.
- Enter the OTP and sign yourself on the website
- The BSNL website will automatically sign you in after entering the OTP
- If that does not happen, click Sign in to enter the site
- Enter your postpaid number
- Fetch the bill and hit Submit button
- You will redirect to the payment gateway page
- Select the debit card, credit card, or UPI option as a payment method
- Press proceed to complete the payment.
You can pay your bills even without login into the official websites of the mobile service providers. However, we recommend you to pay after signing up or logging in. If any payment failure or overcharge happens, you can raise disputes or complaints using the transaction number.
How To Do A Postpaid Bill Payment via UPI
There are few online platforms available where you can also pay your postpaid bills online using your UPI. Some popular applications are Paytm, Amazon,Phonepe, Freecharge, Mobikwik and all official operators applications.
You can easily download UPI Apps from Google Play or the App Store, where there is a section called Recharge. Once you download the desired application, register yourself using a mobile number or email id.
Once you have downloaded the required App, please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open the application
- Select the recharge or pay bills tab
- Choose the service you want to opt for; in this case, it is mobile
- Select postpaid option
- Now type your number
- The application will automatically get your operator name, circle and type of SIM service
- Then the bill will be fetched according to your usage
- Now hit the ‘proceed’ button
- This will take you to the payment page
- Choose payment method
- If you want to use your UPI, select UPI and verify your UPI id, or if you select debit or credit card, then enter all the details of that card
- Finally, click the payment button
- You will get a pop-up message stating ‘payment successful’ within a moment
Are There Any Offers On Postpaid Bill Payment?
When you download applications such as Paytm, Amazon, Freecharge, Phonepe, Mobikwik, and others, you can get special discounts that the application offers to you. There will be new user offers when you sign up for the application for the first time. Many applications provide their first-time customers with up to 100% cashback on mobile bill payment offers.
You can still get assured cashback offers or other benefits depending on the scheme available at the payment time for the existing user. The mobile operator company sometimes launches special offers where you can get a special discount on postpaid bill payments.
Some special cases such as; if you are a prime member on Amazon or a Plus member on Flipkart, then you can redeem coupons of special discounts while online mobile bill payment. You can receive assured cashback in the wallet or super coins from Amazon and Flipkart, respectively.
Some other popular applications like Paytm, Phonepe, and Amazon pay offer some user-specific offers. These offers help you get assured discounts or cashback on postpaid bill payment online.
Some examples of offers and discounts are given below:
- Paytm: Get Paytm cashback of Rs 25 on your first mobile postpaid bill payment. Only valid for the first mobile postpaid bill payment. Valid only online through the Paytm app/website.
- Freecharge: On Freecharge, you may get a 10% cashback up to Rs.30 on postpaid bill payments with a minimum transaction value of Rs.50.
- Amazon Pay UPI:If you pay a minimum of Rs. 500 in postpaid bills with Amazon Pay UPI, you may get up to Rs. 300 in quick cashback to your Amazon wallet.
- Amazon Recharges:1 CashKaro Reward on Amazon Recharges and Bill Payments of Rs 10 or more.
- Mobikwik: Get up to Rs. 500 cashback into Mobikwik SuperCash by paying online postpaid bills with Mobikwik.
Apart from that, you can still get an assured cashback from the applications mentioned above if you are an existing user.
The offers may change or get invalid at any time. Please check the latest promo code or offer and read all the terms and conditions carefully before you recharge your post-paid bill online.
You can also make the post-paid bill payment from the mobile operator’s own official website. The companies sometimes do online campaigns where you can claim cashback or discount offers on post-paid bill payments.
What Happens If You Do Not Pay Your Postpaid Bill?
There is always a legal and recovery team in every mobile network company. If you forget to pay your post-paid bills, there are procedures they would adopt to recover the payment.
Here are the most possible outcomes when payments are not made on time:
- The recovery team executives will call and give reminders to complete your dues.
- The company will send the due post-paid bills to your address, which you can pay by visiting the nearest retail store or dedicated customer service center.
- If you still don’t pay the bill, the company will suspend you and disconnect your network.
- You will never get the connection back or a new SIM from the same company until you clear all the dues.
With network providers in India offering great plans, many people are opting for postpaid connections as it comes with many benefits. Paying online mobile bills has also become hassle-free and very simple.So it is better to complete your post-paid bills on time and enjoy awesome services.
We hope that our guide has helped you understand how to quickly pay your postpaid bill to enjoy uninterrupted service. For more articles related to the telecommunications industry, keep reading Selectra!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a post-paid mobile connection?
Post-paid is one type of mobile network service where you pay your bill for what you have already used. As the name suggests, you can easily understand you have to pay the bill after using the services. The payment mode can be on a monthly, quarterly, or annual plans basis.
Can I cancel my current post-paid bill plan?
Yes. You can cancel your current post-paid plan very easily. You just need to call the customer care number from your respected mobile network and request a new post-paid plan. Or you can always visit the nearest retail store to request the same.
How long can you go without paying the post-paid bill?
Once you have exceeded the monthly payment time, the recovery team will call you to clear the payment. If you don’t pay your dues within 30 to 90 days (depends on the operator), the companies will cut your connection. But, they definitely give you a warning before disconnecting your connection.
How to check my post-paid bill status?
Launch the official application from your phone and view the post-paid bill section to check your mobile post-paid bills.
Can I pay post-paid bills in advance?
As a matter of fact, yes. You can pay your post-paid bills in advance as well. You can pay your post-paid in the middle of a month.
Can I pay my post-paid bills offline?
Absolutely yes. You can pay your outstanding post-paid bills offline as well. Go to the retail shop or the official store with your bill, and you can pay through cash or drop a cheque also.
How to change my prepaid SIM to a post-paid SIM?
Is postpaid better than prepaid?
It depends. If you, the kind of person who gets confused between a wide range of recharge plans, forget to recharge from time to time, then Yes. A post-paid service is a better choice for you.
What are the benefits of a postpaid network?
In post-paid service, first, you use the services, and then you pay the bill. You don’t have to worry about regular recharge or to remember the validity period. And also, you don’t have to maintain a minimum Talktime balance to call anyone
Can I get any discounts while paying the bills online?
You can. But to get any discounts or cashback offers, you need to download official applications of the mobile operator companies or some third-party applications such as Paytm, Amazon, Freecharge, Phonepe, Mobikwik, etc. The application company will provide you with the best discount offers or cashback offers on every mobile network.
Is there any disadvantage of a post-paid service?
Some disadvantages come with postpaid mobile services, like whether you use any service or not; the company will charge you if you have selected it in your plan. And there is an amount of security deposit while getting a new postpaid connection which may start from Rs. 500 and goes up to Rs. 1800 depending on your network providers. In prepaid, you don’t need to pay any extra money. Sometimes you also can get confused by the post-paid bill.
How much time does it take to change from prepaid to postpaid?
Converting your prepaid SIM to a post-paid SIM may take a maximum of 2 days to 3 days. It depends on the operator and the time taken for the verification of your documents.
Can I pay my postpaid bills offline?
Absolutely yes. You can pay your outstanding postpaid bills offline as well. Go to the retail shop or the official store with your bill, and you can pay through cash or drop a cheque also.